Friday, October 4, 2013

New Moms

I've met quite a few new moms since starting this quest.  Many of them are stay at home moms, Jennifer M is one.  Kimberley S. is another.  others are work from home moms.  At the beginning of the year I would have said Holly C. who is a realtor, but since the summer of 2011, I haven't seen much of her.  As I write this I hope that Laura K. will be one.  The actual task says to meet these woman, but I really want to have woman who are my friends who are WAHM or SAHM.  I think it's kind of funny to list friends, but I think it is one way of achieving this task.

I am going to publish this at the end of the quest to see what friendships I can develop over the rest of the 1001 days.  Like this author, I want woman I can do specific tasks with: get manicures, get lunch, play dates, dinner with couples, ask for parenting, relationship, or work life balance; new customers;

SAHM
Prajina
Kim S.
Jennifer M.
Donna.
Laura(Kirk and Nick's mom)
Christina C.
Katie E.
Michele F.
Jennifer K.
Kerry (soccer)
Christy S.
Anne

WAHM
Robin R
Laura K
Holly C
Sherry G

Part time Working Moms
Ann W.
Kim F.
Shandrika (soccer)
Jenna S.
Ann L.



Update 9/2012:  I'm discovering that stay at home moms are easier to come by.  Probably because of the meetup group I am in.  Also, because that is what I am.  Relationships with WAHM are harder to develop...is it because they are busier, or because I have trouble identifying with them.  Or I am not exposed to them as much?  Maybe I will try harder to meet some.  How?

Update 2: 10/2013: It's interesting that the list of people I started with is not the list of people that I see now.  Certainly SAHMs are more common in my regular routine mainly because of people that I have met through Josh's activities.  There are several moms new to our neighborhood too.  And now that Caitlyn is in activities, I am meeting new moms this way too.  I have to think about this one more for the next list.  I think I will create a category for moms, one for which I enjoy doing certain activities with, as noted above.  Also, since I have a remember the milk item for calling friends, I think I will add these moms to my list and invite them to do the things we like to do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment