Saturday, October 20, 2012

Date #9: Pottery & Dinner

Instead of Dinner and a Movie, we mixed things up based on some blogs (http://fridaywereinlove.blogspot.com/  http://shannonbrown.typepad.com/life_in_general/featured.html) I had checked out.

We went and painted some pottery, which we had done when we were dating. Thrown Elements had a special rate for the night; though it was a girls night out, they honored the price for Jared!  It was kind of funny to get dressed up to work with pottery and paint, but we had fun.  When we were younger, I had painted salt and pepper shakers and Jared a flour pot.  I know we also had an IU picture frame at some point too.   This time I painted a plaque for the house and Jared a cereal bowl.  It was fun, but took a bit longer than I had budgeted, and we were a little late for dinner.

We went to Mago in downtown Arlington Heights.  We had made the reservation on opentable, which I love to do!  We called them to let them know we would be a little late, but we didn't have to wait too long and everything was speedy after that!  We enjoyed Margaritas on the rocks, chips and guacamole made at our table.  Jared had the salmon special and I had the Carne Asada Tampiquena, both were excellent.  I had never had fried ice cream, so I ordered that for dessert; surprisingly I liked the strawberry the best.  Jared ordered pumpkin cheesecake to go.    The restaurant was in the same building as the Metropolis Performing Arts Center.  I have been there before for a performance with some former co-workers...I added a show at the MPAC to our list of date night ideas.

It was nice to have a whole night to talk and I realized what I already knew - doing something is always more fun than just watching a movie.  Though we are going to see a movie next.  I think part of the reason we seem to alternate movies and doing something is that there is always some movie out that we want to see and it feels so adult to get to see a movie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment