I can't believe we haven't tried a new restaurant since September, but I think we'll be trying quite a few more in the upcoming months.
I had gotten a Groupon to the Prairie House Tavern, so since Mimi was in town for her spring break, we got out on a date night!
It's a little place, the family room of an our prairie style home (hence the name), only about 15 tables. We got there about 7:30 Saturday night and found a table quickly. We had draft beers and our waiter took our order. Jared ordered the beef barley soup, a special. And I ordered a salad to start. the croutons were missing, but it was a standard salad. I ordered the skirt steak sandwich with sweet potato fries and Jared had the chipotle burger, made with buffalo meat. He really enjoyed his, so much so he said he would like to come again. Mine was also good and I ate the whole thing. For dessert, they brought out what are commonly called cinnamon dough boys. OH MY GOD! SO GOOD. They are basically dough fried, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and drizzled with the icing that you put on cinnamon rolls. Plus they bring out a container more. It was a large plate and I couldn't finish it, because Jared only had one piece. I don't know how he has such restraint, but I had them for breakfast again the next morning. Reheated for about a minute, just as good as the night before. We'll probably go here again.
Monday, March 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment