I was kind of at an impass last week trying to menu plan. I found this recipe when Googling and found a new blog I like to read too!
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Credit: Jimmy Dean, via Diary of a Stay at Home Mom blog1 pkg. (26 ounces) frozen shredding hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles, found near the pre-packaged deli meats
1 cup (4 ounces) shredding mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredding Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, found in the produce area
6 green onions, sliced, Note: this wasn't quite enough, so I used the whole bunch
12 eggs
1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground black pepper
| my ingredients |
Directions
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potato on the bottom of slow cooker. Note: I used the wrong kind of potatoes, AND they were still frozen together...next time I would use the shredding hash brown potatoes, as indicated in the instructions
2. Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion.
Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
| this picture is included because I don't think I've ever used so many eggs at once! |
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours or until eggs are set.
| Finished! |
Review: I set this on low at 11 the night before, figuring we'd wake up around 7, and we did. It burned a little though...i guess if I make it again, it probably has to be a brunch thing that I start at 7am and eat around 11. Also, I'd probably put some more salt in the eggs than I did this time...not sure when I can make it again though...
**since i also photo documented this, I get to mark off two items from my list!
**since i also photo documented this, I get to mark off two items from my list!
No comments:
Post a Comment